Arm Numbness
When you have arm numbness from MS, does it have to be from spinal cord lesions, or could brain lesions cause it also??

Stacey
Hi Stacy, my name is april and I was Dx. with MS last year.
I have arm,hand,leg,feet numbness alot and have no lesions on my spine so far.
I have 8 lesions on my brain so I am asuming they have to be comeing from these.
last aug. I had my first major attack and my whole right side of my body went numb, was in the hospital for 6 day's and after around of IV steroids all feeling came back.
had my second attack last month and put back in the hospital for 4 days on IV steroids.
all of my debilitating fatigue is gone but still have some numbness and weakness from my right knee down and weakness and what i call bone pain in my right arm. the bone pain feels like a toothache deep in my arm, my neuro said it's either nerve pain or could be muscle spasms.
good luck to you and I hope this helps.
april
Yes, thank you for your response!  I started with  facial numbness, then a couple months later had tingling down my back, another couple weeks and I have arm numbness/weakness all on the left side.  I had 2  MRI's during this time and the second one included a c-spine which came back w/no lesions (brain has @ 13).  I am undiagnosed, so I have numerous questions that  pop into my head!

Thanks again!

Stacey
I understand about all the questions and it is nice to know were not alone.
I would just always ask myself, is this the ms or something else or just in my head so it was nice to here other people with ms was experiencing the same things.]
this is a great place to ask those questions.
april