Multiple Sclerosis Community
Aubagio

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Aubagio

I was dx in march I'm now on betaseron, but I'm about to switch to aubagio. Is there anyone that's has been on it and how does it make you feel?
Hi and welcome.  You're perhaps the first one here to try Aubagio and I would love to know more about your experiences once you get a few months oftreatment done.  I am trying to think if anyone mentioned being in the trials for teriflunomide, the drug name for Aubagio.  

I know it did well in the trials and the FDA didn't seem to hesitate its approval.  The doctors do know patients on aubagio need to have liver enzymes monitored closely for the first few months and also pregnancy tests.  

welcome again and I hope someone with first hand experience will speak up.
LAura
I was diagnosed at the end of September and have been taking Aubagio for about 6 weeks now. Really, it has been pretty uneventful which is a good thing!

I had some stomach pain and loose stools-not sure if it is the med or one of the many viruses going around. It seems to be getting better though. I will have a liver test this week and will update you if you like. I am so praying that this works for both of us-I would love to stay in the "No Needles Club"!

My symptoms have not improved though-I take 10 different medications and still feel bad. I decided a couple of months ago(before Aubagio) that I would stop taking everything since they didn't seem to stop the pain or fatigue. Big mistake! They do help tremendously-just not like I want them to.

Wishing you side effect and needle free days this year!

Blessings,
Colin
Ok thanks!
Ok thanks so much! Yes I would love for you to keep me updated! I start taking it tuesday. I pray it goes well because I am also tired of the needles.peace & blessing!!! Tobie
Hey Tobie,

I was just wondering how you're doing with the Aubagio?

My bood work and liver tests were all perfect-so far, so good! Hope you are well.

Colin