Multiple Sclerosis Community
Avenox Stopped until INS WTD

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Avenox Stopped until INS WTD

My insurance ad doctors are taking there lovely time with my meds. My insurance changed and still have not recieved a card and its been 3 months!! I jst got out of a flare up for two weeks thanks giving day, it was a minor one tho compared to my last one that put me on a 2.0 out of 5.0 on disability papers.

SO i was wondering how long does it take take avenox to stop working?? This happened once before and felt symtpoms coming around the 2nd weeks... Its has been 5 WEEKS going on 6 this friday and can feel definate change and am scared to go into a REAL relapse like before. I have been in touch with other who this has happened too.  One side 3 months off it and she went blind another said about the same time frame and she went into a relapse. another said 2 months....  I guess it all differs, but it seems around the 2 to 3 month period?

Has anyone every stopped there meds on purpose or b/c insurance is taing forever and if so.. what was your experience with that? Thank you for all the info you can supply. Also from having that last flareup for two weeks off 2/7 vertigo coulndt drive, unstable to walk by myself, and fell 3 times from feet going numb with the usual ms headache in the occiptals and frontal and a few additional more... IM VERY WORRIED that with no meds after that another relapse will come faster and stronger

For some reason this website deleted my who profile b/c i forgot my password and am very mad about that, so i cant really show you my backround. But when first diagnosed with no medicine my relapse was an easy one for probably 3 months than straigh to pain and headaches than started AVENOX oct 1 and has a relapse the same day (  that was just ironic not the avenox) and that one put me down for about 7 to8 months(that was the big one. But the time period btw the two was only a month and a half with no meds/avenox.. Im almost at a month and half now and am very scared with one relapse/flareup done is the same time my avenox stopped coming.........
MEDHELP figured why it got all deleted when i hit forgot password.... but this is my orignal page and the one i use... i have no clue why they changed it to zoey13  but yeah just wanted to let you guys know, that that questions is from me  ErinZoe23
The pharmacy where your Avonex comes from should be able to bill your insurance even if you don’t have a physical card. Perhaps you call the insurance company and get the information the pharmacy will need.

I would encourage you to call the Avonex hotline at 800-456-2255. They might be able to ship you some Avonex so you can get started again, or they might give you tips about dealing with life in the interim. They do not want an Avonex patient to get sicker, because it reflects poorly on the drug even if it’s not the drug’s fault, so they will do what they can to keep you well.

The longest I’ve gone without Avonex is seven weeks … although I did use Gilenya for the first three of those weeks. I had no indications of any relapses during that whole episode. The stress of worrying about a relapse could contribute to a relapse more than a few weeks off of Avonex (or any DMD), so try to stay calm and know that you’ll be back on your medicine very soon.
thank you for your post... i just received my avenox and took it last night..almost felt like the first time. I did call the hotline but Avenox pharmacy was not the problem, it was my neurologist.... 1  she took 3 weeks to write it out and 2 when she sent it they couldn't read the signature on the proscription!! craziness! Also believe your right about the stress and worrying, that is my most major trigger.  Also with trying to work again as a sales specialist at jcpenneys also made my ms appear more and pain unbearable... only been there 2 weeks and don't think i can do it, disappointing stressful and just another thing i need to accept i cant do

But now my pcp just wrote me a script for my knees, for i cant kneel, bend down, without pain like i never felt before. Started mainly when i started to try to work again.I always had bad knees since i can remember but never like this, now i need help to get up if i kneel down, So i took xrays today. I am actually hoping it is just a result of overdoing and will go away in time, but in reality i don't think that's the case, they checked when i was 22 for rheumatoid arthritis and now my pcp is checking my knees arthritis. Its a grinding feel if you touch them and swollen and cant touch them or bend or straighten w/o excruciating pain.

also many other stressful things i been going through definalty played in to it i believe you are def right about that and right about other diagnosis  i have degenerative disk disease at 24 they found and fibro, but me n my doc say that generic for not knowing the cause and is just MS and i agree.lol.

thank you for your advice. My pcp today gave me a card to call my insurance and demand it to be here now, since it has took 3 months and i only been using my card number ID.. thankfully most the drs i see are okay with that for they can look me up that way and have known me from 22 to 26, I definitely will be callin them tomorrow for the 15th time!

thank you again for your advice and encouragement.