Multiple Sclerosis Community
Back from funeral, paget's question

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Back from funeral, paget's question

Hi all. As I had posted earlier, I learned that my mother had stopped eating while I was in the hopsital two weeks ago for temporary paralysis of my right leg.  I just returned from my brother's house last night.  Mom was buried two weeks to the day I had learned of her decline.  (I knew of the Alzheimers and she was in a specialty unit that took wonderful care of her).  The flying back and forth was hard, but I'm home again and ready to forge onward.
My father had been diagnosed with Pagets years ago but always denied it and said his shoulder was frozen due to arthritis. (He has also denied Parkinson's but takes the meds because they help).  While up there I had a chance to talk with my Father's sister and learned that my Father's older brother, plus two uncles and an aunt on his Mother's side all had Pagets.  I have not had a chance to research this, but could there be any link between pagets and autoimmune disorders?
I have no answer to your question, but just wanted to offer my sympathy for your loss. Are you okay?

Penn
I'm so, so sorry for your loss.  :(

Many prayers for you and your family.

Take care, Pat  
I'm sorry that I can't answer your question but I did want to offer my condolenses for your mothers passing.

How are you holding up?  Is there anything that we can say to help you through this?  If you just want to talk about her or how your dealing with everything just let me know and I'll be a good listener.

I'll be praying,
Carol
My sympathy to you and your family. As you know this little group will keep you in their prayers.

May God give you HIS comfort and carry you through the difficult times.

Frann
Thank you all so much, just knowing this group is here is a big help.  it was rough on Tuesday, I had a three level lumbar-sacral nerve block in the morning and flew home that afternoon.  Right now I'm just worn out.  By late afternoon I start to stumble and drop things.  i found that the Pagets is not autoimmune but is genetic and there are easy blood tests and xrays to tell if a bad joint is pagets or arthritis.  I'lll bring this up to my doctors
thank you all again
moeck
All of my sympathies for your loss.

Jazzy

I went off to look up Paget's for you and now it's two days later.  I'm sorry for your loss.  What a blow.  Had she had AD long?    It will take some time to recover from an emotionally stressful trip like that.  Take careful care of yourself.  Do you get the nerve blocks frequently?  Do they help?

Yes, you found what you needed to know about Paget's.  I'm glad.  And I hope it is not the casue of your back problems.  Do they think it is?

Where are you now in sorting out of your symptoms and problems?  Is each doctor still pointing to someone else?

Again, you're in my thoughts as you grieve, quix
They are not blaming the back on pagets but on DDD.  I had two nerve blocks in my neck, the first worked, the second six weeks later didn't, thus the surgery.  So far, fingers crossed, the one in my back seems to be working.  Mom had AD for about four years, the last one was extremely bad.
Yup, each doc is still finger pointing.  I'm waiting to learn when and with who my appointment at JHH will be.  In the meantime hubby wants me to see an orthopedic surgeon for my back and my CTS.
moeck