Multiple Sclerosis Community
Baclofen

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Baclofen

Hi, was prescribed Baclofen for the muscle spasms in my legs.  I am wondering though, on some of the MS literature that I have read, it says not to take it if you have constipation issues.  Does or has anyone else been prescribed this with constipation problems, and if so, what happened,?  did it worsen, or stay the same, I debating about starting it, but haven't yet filled the prescription, wanted to chat with you folks first.....

Dr. is not to forth right with information, so, I don't ask much cause it always seems to be a problem with her.

Thanks,
Hope you are all having a good , sunny day,
Candy
hi candy i take baclofen i only take a small dose so i dont notice much change. maybe start out small and see how it affects.
Hi Candy,

I didn't notice an increase in bowel issues when I was on it. I have problems w/that as a general rule so glad it didn't make me worse.

Weigh it out, it's all you can do. Hope you get some relief either way.

Good thing for google w/docs like that, huh? Geesh, it's their job to answer questions like this especially since they prescribed it!

-shell

I took Baclofen.  I was having bladder and bowel incontinence before I started it.  Not long after starting it, the Baclofen did cause my bladder and bowels to seize up a little.  Everyone's body is different and it may not cause these problems with you.  I'm no longer on the Baclofen
thanks guys, I think I will hold off on the Baclofen, and stick my Flexeril as it does seem to help, though not entirely, but it doesn't have the side effects for me .....

Hope you are all having a bright, sunny day..

take care,
Candy
I'd read up on Aloe Vera Juice, and if you can drink it daily (2-4 oz. only), meaning if it doesn't counteract with any of your medical problems, it will certainly help cleanse you.
Hi Candy,
I had to take a stool softener with it. But that mostly kept any constipation issues at bay.  I'm particularly sensitive to that side effect with any medication.