Multiple Sclerosis Community
Bad feeling in head

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Bad feeling in head

As some of you know I am undx for 2  1/2 years.  I am now experiencing a very bad feeling in my head.  When I get this feeling I feel light headed,nervous, jumpy and sometimes like I going to faint.  My family doctor says it is migraine's because nothing showed on my MRI 2 years ago and can not get into my neuro until another year.  I have these feelings everyday, as soon as my feet hit the floor. I am on gabapentin right now, 300mg morning and night and now uping it to 300 in the afternoon. I am very scared that this is  not something to over look.  Has anyone else had this feeling?

redhead44

I have the very same feeling, and know exactly how you feel, I get this from standing up after sitting, be it at the computer in the car, when my feet hit the floor, i feel like like disconnected, and feel like i am going to faint, I have had this for several months now,

Last night was my worst, i got up from sitting on the sofa, went to get a cup of coffee, and trying to walk to the kitchen, was a nightmare, reached up to get a cup and darn i knew i was getting the cup, then the world seemed to stop it is a terrible feeling,

I would try and get into see the neuro if i were you, you should not have to wait a year, that is too crazy,

Hope you get some answers soon
Tyler
What kind of bad feeling? Is it a headache? Is it a buzzing feeling?

Missy
Can you describe this feeling in more detail?

I am also undiagnosed, actually going for an MRI tonight.  I get a buzzing feeling in my head, like a cellphone is stuck on buzz.  I am light headed, can concentrate, dizzy and feel sick when this happens.  I don't know what it is yet, but I am on 300mg neurontin, 3x a day and 30mg of cymbalta 2x a day and I haven't had one of these episodes in almost 2 weeks.

Good luck and I hope you find something out soon.

How come you can't see your neuro before then?  Can you find another one?  I know it's difficult when insurances make you wait so long and don't let you switch or see doctors or specialists easily.  I have BCN and they are horrible with getting authorizations for things!!

Good luck again.

Victoria

Hope you get some answers soon
Tyler
The feeling I get is like a presssure feeling.  It can be in the front of my head then in the back where I feel a lump in my throat feeling.  There is no pain like a headache but I just tremble all over and my hands and feet are very jerky.  I had this feeling before I went on the gabapentin so I know it isn't the medication.  I'm having it today real bad.  Almost like a sinus pressure but I've had it for 3 months now.  When it comes on you don't dare move fast in case you get really dizzy.  And it seems to be worse (if it can be) when I look up or down or when driving I go up and down hills or hitting bumps??????????????

I saw my neuro for 2 years and when they never found out anything I am on the bottom of the list.  My family dr is sending him all my reports when I see her and I live in Canada and she has recommended for me to be seen in Halifax.  ??????????
Hey another redhead!!!

I'm surprised your doctor said it was a migraine.  Migraines are horribly painful with throbbing in head, nausea, sometimes vomiting and inability to have any light in the room as it increases the pain tremendously.  There is no mistaking it when you have one.  There is also an 'aura' that happends right before it hits.  

I would recommend a different doctor if this one is not going to look for answers.

Red
It sounds like a problem with your inner ear, actually.  It could be caused by a lesion on one of the cranial nerves ennervating the inner ear, or it could be something else entirely.  But I think I know the sensation of pressure you're talking about.  It makes my head feel a little balloon-like.

I agree with redflame - go and get another neuro.  I know it's difficult when you're in Canada, but maybe you can see a different one in Halifax.

Hi red,

That's what I thought about migraine's.  My mom use to get them and she had vision problems, nausia, light, noise and pain!!  I was never sick much in my life but this is very worrysome to me.  And when I told my dr that I was stuggling with my legs and feet(iwork on my feet 9 hrs a day)  she told me to find another job that I'm not standing.  Who will hire someone with head, leg. and fatigue problems.  I was so upset.

Scared  redhead44
Have you ever heard of this it is helping me and many other people that I know with dizziness.it is called Gano Life it is a tea or Coffee that can help your body with pains that doctors seem not too find or treat .I started on Gano Life is GanoDerma Lucidum check this out at you tube