Bladder/urethra issue & diagnosis
This is kind of an "add on" to my timeline.  One of my issues has been a "spastic urethra".  Nice, huh.  It wakes me up in the am; just contracting and relaxing away, all on it's own.  No urine leakage, ever.  This has gone on for about two years.  Had severe left side back pain about six months ago.  Went to neuro in July.  He did a cystoscopy.  (I would rather give birth than do that again.)
Said my bladder was "puffy" and my urethra was the size of a "10 year old".  Also, my post void urine volume in my bladder was 300 cc's.  (The nurse had me go again, and after that it was only 100cc's.)  Diagnosis was uretrhal sticture.  He gave me some estrogen cream and said it was most likely perimenapausal.  (I am 44.) He thought back pain was urine backing up into kidney; no UTI or blood in urine.  After cystoscopy pain went completely away, so I think he "roto-rootered" me.

I did have surgery when I was 4 on my ureters.  They were blocked with scar tissue.  YV bladder neck plasty was the surgery I think.  Had UTI's till about age 12, then never since.  
I've had constant problems with my urethra and have had the cystoscopy done five times the last time it never seemed to make things better.  I've had doctors tell me know to certain foods as it causes problems with your bladder, black peper, ketchup, wine, caffinated drinks.  I've never had much luck and it just continues to get worse any time of the day.  Good luck.