Bone Marrow Test **HELP**I AM SCARED
I have to have a bone marrow test on Wednesday because my platelets are too low.  They say they are low b/c of my medicine (copaxone) or another condition.  

Has anyone had a bone marrow test taken from the hip???????????????

Help I am scared!!!!!
Hopefully they will give you something to relax you while this procedure is being done.

I havnt had one done I am sorry, but just wanted to wish you all the best.

SB

I had an aspiration and biopsy , in 89.  I only received numbing med , NOT the way to go . If they say they are going to numb the site only ...???  Ask for sedation , twilight .. no need to be awake for this .  They've got really great meds. now. I'm not trying to scare you , they were probably going to go this route anyway.  After take it easy for a couple of days .   It is sore for awhile .  Sorry but I don't remember how much pain I did have .   You might want one pill of something good for the fisrt night , or maybe just OTC will do it for you.  

Don't be scared , with the sedation you won't feel a thing ..  

You can't drive yourself, so have someone available.

Good luck ,  you'll be fine   .  Let me know how it went . Or if you have more concerns now I'd be glad to talk ...

Jo
If it helps...know that each one of us will be with you in thought and prayer.  Maybe you will be able to feel us holding your hand...And take Jo's advice.  That's the way to go with this procedure...really!

I have to do some research on the low blood count thing with Copaxone.  I have never heard of this before.  So off to Google I go....

Please keep us informed, Sqeezy...you hear?

Heather

Hi Squeezy,

Just sending peaceful thoughts your way, as Wednesday approaches.  We've never chatted, but I wanted to tell you that I hope it all goes well during and afterward, and that they find out why your platelets are too low.

Wishing you all the best,
be well,
SL