Multiple Sclerosis Community
Botox and MS

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Botox and MS

Apparently Botox can be quite effective in relieving spasticity and the associated pain. From what I've read, an injection can last 3 months, and no side effects have been noted. I emphasize that this is ONLY what I've read. There's a lot about it on the web, though.

Has anyone tried Botox? Heather, I know you'd give a great deal to have even temporary relief from your leg pain, but I don't know whether that's caused by spasticity. Gosh, you might get pain relief plus the greatest looking legs in town!!    8-}  

Have a wonderful Christmas.

ess
You are such a sweetheart to think of me and my pain.  I am deeply touhced by your thoughtfulness.

Yes, I have thought about Botox and wondered if it would work for me.  I do have alot of spasicity.  In order to control the numerous areas that I have spasms in, I would have to have Botox injections from butt to toe.  Does that make any sense?  And Ess, if I thought I could get the "best looking legs in town with Botox injections," I would be first in line....LOL

Thank you so much sweetheart for thinking about me when you read these articles.  You're a dear....

I'd like to hear Quix's thoughts about Botox and if she thinks it has an application for some MS patients that suffer from spasms.

Merry Christmas Ess, Heather