Breathing and coughing problems
I've had an interesting month of having occasional but spontaneous breathing and coughing issues.  At first I thought it was leftovers of that virus I had in April, or seasonal allergies.  

But it continues.  I'll be doing my normal daily activities, breathing normally, and then I'll start coughing for no reason. A shallow, dry, non-productive coughing spell, and then I can't catch my breath. This often happens in front of patients at work, and I have to reassure them I don't have a bug.  

It almost feels like a muscular spasm, like hiccups, except instead of my diaphragm, its my intercostals.  Could this be a MS symptom?  Or is it just seasonal allergy stuff? It hasn't happened in the past.

Anyone else encounter this?
I have been having that go on for years now. At first I thought it was allergies as I am allergic to just about everything. But it eventually started happening year around and no matter what my surrounds were. Since I have been developing swallowing problems I have been thinking lately that it is a response to swallowing my saliva and some of it going down my wind pipe. At least that is the only thing I can think of for the moment and is one of my questions the next time I see my Neuro.

Dennis
Allergies by nature can get worse over time. I am still having allergies. I have a dry cough and I have a strange asthma instead of wheezing I feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest. I have used my inhaler more this year than any other spring. I do not know if that helps.

I guess it could be MS in your case and it couldn't hurt to let your Neurologist know.

Alex
I have been experiencing the same symptoms myself for the first time- cant tellya if it is or isn't an MS symptom, but I sure am going to find out!