Broken ankle/muscle spasms
I broke my left ankle 4 weeks ago and am now having muscle spasms in my right foot travelling all the way up my right leg, the last one I couldn't talk properly.  My left leg (the injured one is having milder spasms as well).

I am wondering whether this is due to my fall and break of ankle.  I do take drugs for epilepsy which are Topamax, Tegretol and Keppra but the spasms have only come on since the ankle break.

Your muscle spasms could be a pseudo relapse due to the broken  ankle and stress involed but it sounds, to ME, a little late for that to occur in MY experience. Everyone is different.

Given your history of epilepsy, I would call your neuro and report it since you said it affected your speech as well. Let your neuro help you sort oout what the symptoms mean, especially since I do not know how your epilepsy presents itself.

Sorry not have have a definitive anser. I do hope the muscle spasms die down. I know after and still, 4 weeks later, I am bombarded with muscle spasms on the operative leg. I know your pain,literally.

I would call your neuro on Monday and get his/her advice and report the incident so that it can be documented in your chart.

Sending feel better wishes and gentle hugs,
ren