Bulging discs
Ok my question is on the bulging discs which I have discovered is very common among people with MS. I have them in my lower spine and neck. They were found on CT scans. What I am wondering is do CT scans give a good enough view to see if they are touching nerves etc.I ask because I do not know if I should be pushing for MRI's of which I have not had any so far. I have many MS symptoms and i am trying to see which are related to the bulging discs if any. I am interested in other's experiences and what you have found out.

As some of you know my Internal medicine specialist at first thought I had MS then when the CT scans came back showing bulging discs he seemed to accept that is what is causing everything, but i am unsure. He said he was still treating me in the same way even if I do have MS.

On research it said that bulging discs cause problems below where the discs bulge so was wondering why my face and half my throat is numb.

Thanks everyone

Sarah
YES, WITH MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE OF HAVING A SPINE THAT LOOKS LIKE A TRAIN WRECK,YES,HAVE THE MRI'S PUSH FOR THEM.

BULGING DISK ARE DISK THAT HAVE SQEEZED OUT THE VERTABAE'S JUST A LITTLE.A HERNIATED DISK ARE DISK THAT CAN CAUSE GREAT HARM AND PAIN.

A MRI WILL GIVE AN INDEPTH DETAIL IF THE BULGING DISKS ARE CAUSING ANY IMPINGEMENT ON THE SPINAL CORD OR ENTRAPPING ANY NERVES.

WITH BULGING DISK,THROUGH MILD EXERCISE AND ABDOMINAL STRENGTHENING THE BULGING DISK CAN HEAL IF THEY ARE MINIMAL.

I HOPE SOME OF THIS HELPS.REALLY GET THE MRI'S.

T-LYNN
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I just did not know how much info a CT scan shows and if all of my symptoms are caused by it.I do not think they are but I do not to find out what is and what isn't .

*hugs*

Sarah