Multiple Sclerosis Community
Burning ache in legs and toes

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Burning ache in legs and toes

Hi, haven't on here for a while, busy with visitors during our school holidays.
As you know, I am waiting for a DX on MS.
Lately I am getting a really bad burning pain that starts in my legs then travels right thru to the tips of my toes.  It really hurts and sometimes I just go to bed and cry with the pain.  I have also had this with my hands and fingertips.
A bit over a week ago, I went to a large store with has 3 levels and I needed to get to the bottom level, oh hell I say to myself, I hate stairs, so I hang on for dear life to the railings.  All went well for the 1st level, but on the 2nd level, I took a step with my left foot then went to move my right foot and nothing happened.  I went banged against the railing, thank god I was hanging on.  Afterwards the pain in my legs and feet were absolutely incruciating, that I just cried my head off, it was that bad.  My hubby had to hold me up to walk back to the car as I couldn't walk by myyself.
Has anyone with MS had this happened to them, or am I just strange LOL?
Cheers all
Nancy
Tags: toes, legs, ache, Pain
How frightening for you - having something strike me down while away from home is a great concern of mine.  How fortunate that your husband was with you able to get you back to your car.  

I too hate steps, but  only the down ones.  I can handle up but not down  - I almost have panic attacks when faced with  them.  And I definitely hold only the hand rail at all times, well actually it is more like a death grip :-)

I hope you'll be around more - someone might check in with similar experiences with the leg pains.
My best,
Laura
Hi there... I cannot do stairs at all anymore...I used to not be able to go down stairs..cause I couldn't tell where the next step started...now I can't lift myself up my legs won't let me pull myself up... so no more stair for me..

I do have pain in my left leg...but I don't get that Burning feeling..mine feels more cramping..

hang in there..take care

wobbly
LL
Thank you for your comments.  At least now I know that I am not the only one with the stairs issue.  I am going to look up for information about the burning pain in my legs, feet and toes and see if I can find anything on it.
Thanks again
bearsmum