Burning sensation - what is it?

I'd love to have an idea about this burning sensation that i've had on and off over the years, it feels just as it sounds, like an internal hot spot that gets hotter and hotter until it disapears, sometimes reapearing minutes, hours or days later and then it can totally disapear. So far i've had the burning on the left side of my head, above my ear but near the top, it gets so hot sometimes i've even looked to see if my head is on fire, i dont do that anymore :). Its not really painful, just an intollerable hot spot that keeps increasing until it eventually vanishes again. Before the burn started on my head, so about 4 years ago i ended up in emergency with a suspected brocken arm (green stick?), i didn't do anything normal like fall, nothing at all happened. My left arm very suddenly and with out warning or cause just sort of popped and then started to really really hurt, pain was running along the bone between my elbow and my wrist. The xray showed no break but i was still in a heck of a lot of pain, the dx was that i had probably torn the muscle off the bone, strapped it but I just couldn't use it for about 14 weeks. After the first day of real pain, i was left with the burning sensation, it didn't feel normal again until well after the burning sensation went away and the weird thing is, i also get the burn feeling in my right arm, same place.

I have to admit to doubting the torn muscle idea after i started getting confused which arm i'd originally had the problem with, it comes and goes in both and I especially became doubltful when i started feeling the burn on my head. I dont have headaches or migranes, i do get pain in my left eyeball that feels like a poker is sticking it which then dies down to a constant ache for days until that too dies down to just being aware i have a weird eyeball feeling. When the burning sensation started happening on my head a few days ago i started wondering if this could be just another thing that can happen with MS or if its just my weird and wonderful self.

I'd love to hear of anyone elses experiences/thoughts, and i'd love to get my hands on an article i can read.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.......JJ
JJ,

You may be experiencing "parethesia's" - sensory symptoms - burning, tingling, loss of sensation, buzzing...these are common with MS.

I get tingling in my legs/buttocks, burning in my left arm and I have had a couple of episodes of buzzing, the most recent in my left elbow.

I had a really bad episode with the burning in my left arm recently that made me lift my shirt sleeve to see if my skin was hot to the touch.  It wasn't...

Google "paresthesia", and you will find all sorts of info on it.

Hugs,
Chrisy
undx'd
Hi Chrisy,

I have paresthesia so all I can say is duh! I've been reading a lot about it but for some weird brain hic up i seemed to have misplaced the connection, thats been happening a lot lately, ho hum.

Thanks for the hugs :)

Cheers......JJ
Thankyou for your time in responding to a post of mine but unfotunately i do not have any belief in your hypothesis, evidence is far and wide to dispute the validity of such claims. I do though respect your right to believe in this, and thankyou for bringing your thoughts to my attention. I have had a root canal but do not have amalgam fillings, chemical free lifestyle, consume an MSG free diet and have for approx 10 years. Therefore logically, the likelyhood of all that remains (a root canal) being the cause of all my issues is very remote and in my mind not even worth considering.

As i've said, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Cheers.........JJ  
That parathesias burning is the pits!

Had it across on my back for months and it was compounded by a feeling like water was moving around in there too. Took 5 months to pass fade. I thought for sure when I looked at my skin I would see the smoke! ha/ha Only to look and find nothing but regular ol skin

Hope it passes for you soon
I started feeling this burning sensation originating on my back in December after a stressful situatiion. the sensation spreads from my back to under my arms and around my waist.I thought it was hot flashes but not sure if that is the way hot flashes are supposed to feel like. Any thoughts.