Multiple Sclerosis Community
Butt spasms

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Butt spasms

Does or has anyone suffered spasms in the buttocks?  Mine is on the left side and on bad days it radiates down my left leg to the point where I cannot stand on my leg.  Was having physical therapy on my back but the PT said this is not from anything to do with the spine.  Talked to the nurse at the  neurologist's office and was told that this was not a MS symptom.  Funny, when I googled butt spasms the first thing that appeared was MS on the page.  I am ging to the doctor next week and if any one else has this problem I will go "armed" with the information.    Ten years ago I complained to the neurologist about the pain on the inside of my elbows and behind my knees and they told me it wasn't MS.  Does anyone have or had this?  My physiciatrist (knew her for 2 hours) and listened to me.  She put me on Neurotin and for the first time in six years I slept for longer than 2 hours!  
I don't know a lot about this but I do know a lot about doctors.
Some get lazy and don't go to the extent or put in effort with research and tests like they once did and should.
We all know that shouldn't happen, so if one doctor dismisses it then head to another doctor for a second opinion before dismissing it yourself.

I would guess it could be a damaged nerve, but I haven't done much research to know a lot about it. I would go look on that topic though.
Best of wishes, Brooke.
Hi Deb.

I have not been diagnosed yet, but am going through some tests and doctors.  I have pain on my elbows, sometimes it's on the inside, sometimes it's on the outside.  It goes up my arm and down to the fingers.  It's more of a gnawing, itchy, tingle pain for me.

I would definitely talk to a doctor about this.  I don't think they can just say that it isn't a MS symptoms since everywhere I read and look it says that not two MSers have the exact same symptoms.

Have you been diagnosed with anything?  If your doctors don't listen to you I think it's time to find a new one.  I have seen MANY in the last 10 years and finally one is listening to me.  We will see if the neurologist does or not, I have not seen him yet.

Good luck.

Victoria
As far as spasms, they can happen in any muscle as far as I know.  If your's is more related to the spine and the nerves descending from the spine that would be different.  

Do you have any other symptoms?
The PT I saw said that it was back related so I'm not sure where it is gong to go with this when I go to the neurologist on Wed.  Maybe I should just tell her I think she's just a pain in the butt and if I quit going to her maybe it will get better?
I should have said that it WAS NOT back related.    Will know nothing more tomorrow after I see the neurologist I'm sure.
I recently saw a MS specialist to hopefully rule out MS, but she said she could not rule it out.  It's a wait and see...  Anyways, a few months ago I had terrible spasms in my buttocks.  I remember running around my house for ten or so minutes feeling like I was being tasered.  Now I have persistent pain in my left buttock and down my left leg.  Sitting brings on severe pain.  Good question.  Is this a MS symptom?  Good luck...