CSF Analysis
I'm new at this but I have just received the results for my Lumbar Puncture. I have 4 analytes that are out of range. MBP CSF = 3.13, Albumin CSF = 76, Igg CSF = 7.8, Protein CSF = 104, and last but not least CSF Oligoclonal bands are negative!!!! What does this mean ... do I have ALS???
I wouldn't rush to the ALS diagnosis.  I think your doctor would be jumping all over this if he thought that was your diagnosis.

Many but not all people with MS have O-Bands in their central nervous system that has not crossed the blood brain barrier.  O Bands are one of the things that help in the diagnosis.

Have you called your doctor?

Red
Having no O-bands means that there's been no breach of your blood-brain barrier.  This is one of the hallmarks of MS, and this test is meant to rule that out.
Welcome to the forums Bill!

But wait........Whoa Bill!  ALS?  

Is there a reason why you think it could be? If you could let us know about your current situation and possibly past medical history we could understand why you're suspecting this disease?

As RedFlame and jensequitur said, 0-bands help with the diagnosis but it is not the end all be all to truly make one.  In fact, it is said that 10% of people with MS are negative for 0-bands.  So with that said, there has to be other factors that could contribute to the diagnosis of MS.

However, MS is a diagnosis of exclusion, meaning your doctor is going to test you for other diseases that mimic MS first.  I'm just curious as to why you think ALS though.  Are you having muscle fasciculations (twitching?)

Again, welcome to the forums and hope to hear from you again!

Lisa