Multiple Sclerosis Community
Can thyroid give ms related symptomes?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Can thyroid give ms related symptomes?

Was just wondering wether it is possible? Cause i have alot symptomes and one that ive googled bout that was bugging me was the sound of fluid  forced out of my neck and it sounds like thyroid can cause that???
Do you have a dx of hypo/hyper thyroid? I have not heard of that with either one, but I've got hypothyroid so I'm more educated on that disease.  Hypo can cause extreme fatigue, loss of appetite yet you gain weight or cant easily loose it, headaches and dry skin. Hyper can cause anxiety type symptoms like shaking which is also a symptom of ms.
What are some of your other symptoms?
Amy
Hallo Amy, thanx 4 ur reply, yes i have been dx with hasiomoto (dont know the spelling) its a thyriod sickness that can cause cancer, and under active thyroid. But i havent been taking any meds 4 the past 5 years, my x husband never wanted me to, and i felt gr8 tho. So it never botherd me.

The other  symptoms im having are bowl problems, in the morning watery, at times badly constipated. With the watery tummy i also have bladder infection symptoms at night, in the morning, i struggle to urinate. As if my bladder dont want to let go. I am moody, but also emotional, have spasms everyday. In neck, shoulders and back. The physio said he cant do anything anymore because after each session im in more pain. Have constant pain under my feet and burning pains in my muscles all over my body. At times it feels like my brain has halted for a second then i feel weird. Off balance and forgetfull. Lost my grip in my hands and strenght in my body. I cant walk far anymore, just walking in the house are tiring, my legs burn so much then that i have to sit, and the same with arms. Just to do daily things gets difficult. Like spreading butter on bread. Its hard to do it lately. I do see a neuro wednesday,  and was just worried. And do u know what is the worst, my sister just told me that everything is just in my mind. I think myself sick. Do u know how much that hurted me?
Hypothyroidism can definitely cause MS-like symptoms.  It's not uncommon to have secondary fibroymyalgia to go along with it, too. Constipation can be related to your hypothyroidism, for sure. I remember going two weeks without going to the bathroom before starting on Synthroid!  I had major problems with fatigue and strength.     Plus, cognitive symptoms are slowed.

How come you're aren't taking any medicine?   Just curious.  I felt much, much better after starting my medicine.  I do have MS and it has it's own set of symptoms which do include pain and spasticity.

Deb
Hi their. I used to take meds, but my x husband never had the time or money to take me to doc. So i stopped taking it. And then totaly forgot bout it. The doc did sum blood tests. Will know the 7th dec. He did alot of blood tests.
Hi. It was my thyroid all along.
Hi Raath,

Thank you for updating us! I hope you get on a medicine that works, so you can feel better. Please let us know how you make out :)
I have hyperthyroidism, and my weight fluctuates a lot. My pulse is always at an exercise level, and I shake! I have fatigue, and constipation....plus I sweat a lot. I gain three pounds during the day, and when I wake up I noticed that I lost four pounds. I rarely sleep because it causes insomnia too....it doesn't take long for me to heal.