Multiple Sclerosis Community
Can't get in touch with my Neuro( bummer)

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Hi all, as I posted before my tongue deveiated to the R, lasting several days and was out of state and unable to get to the Dr.  When I returned I called neuro's office got voice mail and left a detailed message and ask her to return my call with any question.   Well it's been 2 weeks and nothing, so I called back today got the same voice mail and just left my name and # and ask her to call me back. ( this is the receptionist )  stayed home all day, and I still have not heard from her.  All I want is to make sure the Dr. got the message.  I like this neuro, but this is alittle discouraging.
Oh BTW went to Hemotologist yesterday and got a dx MGUS very mild increase in protein will just have to watch.  I told the Hemo about the tongue and she said for me to make sure the Neuro got that message.  Oh well I will try again tomorrow, we'll see.

lala
Hi lala.  I was just reading a post from LuLu and it got me laughing because it brings to my mind the TeleTubbies kids program.  Are you familiar with it?  I've always had fun saying "lala" and "lulu" to the little ones in my family.

I had no idea what MGUS was, so I googled it.  Sorry to hear you have something else to contend with.  Did your hematologist give you any ideas on how many of your symptoms could be attributed to MGUS?  Fatigue and arthritic-type joint pains would match part of what you are experiencing.  From what I've read, tongue deviation is not a symptom of MGUS.  

After waiting two weeks for a call back from your neuro I'd be asking during your next call if the neuro intends to address this new symptom with you or not.  In my opinion, if a doctor is going to have you as a patient, and you are under their care, they have an absolute responsibility to respond to you when needed. If not, look elsewhere while you're ahead of the game.

I recently had to find a new neurologist because my other one moved out of state.   :-(
I found one that suits me on the first try.  My MS does not require a lot of attention now that I'm a seasoned MS'er and doing relatively well.  The one thing I asked my neurologist is if he would be there for me anytime I felt I needed his attention. His answer was an unequivocal  "Yes."  The same should be for you too, especially during this phase of possible MS or any other neurological problem you might be experiencing.

I'll be crossing my fingers that the neuro responds to you soon.  I really think you have waited long enough.    

Thanks Karen I think that I have waited long enough too.  I really like this neuro she is so on top of everything except her receptionist. HAHA  The Hemo did not think any of my sx were related to mgus she has a sister-in-law with MS.  She felt that the sx sounded more MS.  I will see her again in 6 mo. for more blood work and a skeleton scan, she read me neuro' s notes, neg for all mimics but suspesous(?spelling)  for MS.  Hemo wanted to know when I was having my LP.  I told her that that had not been talked about yet.  She stated that would prob be next.  I will try neuro agan today.  We'll see.
Thanks, Hay what color tele tubbie is lala?  If I don't stop eating I may be the size of a tele tubbieHAHA!

lala