Chat Room
ELT
   Don't know if this goes over well.  I belong to another community.  An MS chat room, endorsed by the Multiple Sclerosis Society.  It's based in the UK, but, there are members from all over the world.  I go there throughout the day, every day.  I found here, 'cause I'm still undiagnosed and still looking for answers.  I got lots there, too, though.  But, I look all over.

It is a good site, with many, many wonderful people.  They come from the UK, Australia, US, Canada, Romania, Ireland, Scotland, and I'm sure all other areas, my geography isn't good.  lol

It's instant chat, you don't need to join, only visit, if you like, no lpassword stuff.  Just choose a name, and there u are.  

Feel free to look it up and decide for yourself if you would like to chat on line with the people there.  It's called Jooly's Joint, (as in julies place, not smoke, lol)  It was started by a lady in the uk who has ms, and had a hard time being diagnosed.  It's been up and running, since 1995.  She monitors the site, always.  

The people in this web room have organized meets all over the world, so that the ppl chatting can meet one another.  I haven't met any, tho some are close neighbours, I'm in Canada.  I have been going in there for almost two years.  Since I first turned on my computer, nearly,  in may of '06.  I didn't have much computer savvy then.  It was a godsend to find it, as is finding this place.  

I don't want to be doing something I shouldn't by suggesting this site, but, it is such a good one, I wanted to share.  If you are interested, by all means, visit.  Try it, if you don't like it, don't stay.

Looking forward to talking in realtime to some of you???

Erica
Hi Erica,

Thanks so much for this.  It's always good to know resources and sites.
It doesn't take anything away from this wonderful site to be recommending others, as well!

Sally
ELT
   Actually, I was just talking to Rena in there, she dropped in to see what it was like, I think she liked it.  

Erica
Has anyone out there with MS ever gotten shingles?
Wife has MS struggling with her!!! Help! Need advice!
Thank you so much for this suggestion. I am having the worse time in my life right now as I too have been told I have MS and then told I didn't and then told maybe.  I do not want to have MS but if I do, I would like to know as much as possible. You can read and read and read, but it would be good to have someone to talk to here and there. I have posted questions and gotten very little response and feel just as lost now and just as confused as when I first posted. Still, I hope to catch on to the lingo so I can maybe have an intelligent conversation at some point.  

I will try to find and visit Joolys Joint right away.  Thank you again.
The forum can be hit or miss. Sometimes there many people asking questions. One thing that may make you get overlooked is not spacing your print.

Many of us with eye problems can't read solid blocks of print. Also starting a new post. Old posts sometimes get over looked. You can also right bump on your post if it goes to the bottom or next page.

Alex