Multiple Sclerosis Community
Circulation Problem or Related to My M.S.?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I am 25 years old and recently diagnosed with M.S. and recently started experiencing an unsual symptom. While walking, sitting it doesn't matter, the bottom of one foot will suddenly become almost hot. To touch it, it's still cold/room temperature, but on the inside of my foot it's a warm sensation. It's as if I stepped on a heating pad, but not quite as hot. What would cause this? There is no pain associated with it, it's just a warming sensation in the bottom of my foot. And it usually covers only the ball of my foot, not my heel. And only happens in one foot at a time, but it does affect each foot. If someone could give me some advice that would be awesome!!! :) Thank you so much!!
Hi there...I don't believe we have met before but my name is Rena and I just returned from a few days at the lake so I would like to welcome you!  As for the hot feeling you are having in the ball of your foot....in a word....Yes.  It could very well be nerve pain caused from the MS.

Last year I was having severe muscle spasms in my right leg and they would cause me to sit up in bed from a sound sleep and were excrutiating.  Since then I have had a burning pain below my right knee in the right side of my calf that happens intermittently but can be quite disturbing because it is REALLY HOT!  While it is not painful exactly, I know that it is there and I have been told by my gp that it is nerve pain.  I am currently on 40mg of Elavil for the nerve pain and I am finding that it is helping.  I have tried Neurontin, Topamax, Tegretol and Lyrica with no positive result but I have had positive results with the Elavil. If this gets to be painful I think it would be worth mentioning to your doctor...my pain has moved to my feet but it feels as though there are lightening bolts stabbing the bottom of my feet...again the Elavil has relieved this to some point.

I hope that this is helpful to you and should you have any other questions, please let us know.  We are here to help you in any way we possibly can and I hope this "hot foot" doesn't move into something more for you!

Lots of hugs,

Rena
Thank you so much for your helpful information. I felt like I was a freak or something. There are no answers for this symptom by simply looking it up on google or msn. Your reply is greatly appreciated as well as the warm welcome! :) Thank you!  

Lots of hugs to you!
Andrea
Hi Andrea!!

My husband gets burning discomfort alternating with pain on the balls of his feet.  He is not diagnosed yet with MS.  He is up to 900 mg of Neurontin a day (300 mg three times a day).  That gives him some releif.  

Welcome to our forum family and we will be happy to help you with any other questions you have...or just visit for the support.

Elaine