Multiple Sclerosis Community
Cold Spots is this related?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Cold Spots is this related?

Hi there,
I have all the normal neurological symptoms but this is a new one to me and not sure if it's related or if anyone else ever gets something like this.

I have a cold spot on my abdomen, I don't have full sensation from my navel down down, well when touched it gives a different sensation from higher up but now I keep getting this cold patch about the size of a persons hand on my stomach, it feels colder, my husband thought it was really weird, he said it was like touching a freezer and the rest of me was real warm, including either side of that area, it's not there all the time but it is often there? I usuallly notice it more when I am tucked up in bed warm at night.

Does anyone else have this problem, is it neurological?  I do intend to ask my neuro next week.

Cheers,
Udkas
Well, cold spots are a normal MS symptom, but I can't be sure that is what's happening to you, though in all probability it is. I would tell my neuro about this and see what he has to say.  It would be a good thing for it to be documented anyway.

There are many on here that get the cold spots. Mine are in different places on different days, and always worse when I'm having other symptoms too.

I do have them on my hips at times, and it seems that they are covering a larger space.  Of course when we talk of my hips there is plenty of space to cover....hahaha

Hope you will get a definite answer when you visit your neuro.

Take care,
doni

Hi Doni,
Congratulations again on your new role and thank you for your reply. Only 8 days until answer day!!! Yee haaaaaaaaaa!  

I hope for an answer too, (I think), but then I know it's got worse.  Yes my symptoms were so bad yesterday I wondered if I was having another excaccerbation and I noted my cold spot again, I think it's always in the same spot.  I didn't know other people got cold spots, do you know why or what causes them? It was a newbie on me and I hadn't read about it anywhere.

I will talk to my neuro about it, he is so, so , so lovely and tries so hard to answer all my questions.  I will report back on what he has to say.

Thanks again,

Cheers,
Udkas.