Multiple Sclerosis Community
Communication on the Forum

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Communication on the Forum

My husband always reminds me communication on the internet is tricky. For one we do not know much about each other.  We do not have body language or tone of voice.It is easy for things to be misconstrued. We have people from all over the world and communication can be tricky. Then there is all the medical terminology. Some are well versed others are not. Some of us are straight forward and others might see that as harsh. We all can get upset with each other at times. I look at the whole of what people say. I have gained wisdom from everyone at one time.We are all human. If someone has stepped on your toes do not leave and lose the wisdom of everyone else. There will be people you may not like. You can just ignore their posts or responses. I wrote a post recently talking about being new to MS. I was not thinking of anyone when I wrote it besides myself and the issues I faced. I tend to share my experience because that is basically what I have to share. I certainly think everyone should be like me. We are all different.I forget that many people are scared, confused and just want to say you are not crazy something real medically is going on. There is always something going on. Sometimes it is MS and sometimes it is something else.

Alex
Hi Alex,
Very well said.  After being around here for a bit you get to know how different we all express ourselves when corresponding back and forth.
Hope all is well!
Best regards, barb