Constant Sinus Infections
Im 20 years old and was diagnosed in December of 07 with MS and have noticed constant sinus infections on an almost monthly basis. Does anyone have any information as to why this could be? I live in the lower new york area maybe its my location? Is it normal?
Hi and welcome to the MS forum - I think you will find this a helpful place.  There is a wonderful ENT doctor on MEdhelp who has taken a special interest in MS and our members - Dr Park is online at
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/305

you may want to post your question there and see what he says.  I know I have constant sinus drainage, but I live in Ohio in an area affectionately called sinus valley.  Probably 50% of ourpopulation has that problem.

I hope you'll stop through here often, welcome again!
Lulu
I have always had sinus problems also and also have allergies, it all goes hand-in-hand but i doubt it has anything to do with MS unless our lousy immune  system doesnt help the problem.

After saying that, i have no idea, but someone will.

hugs, meg
I hope you have an answer by now. However, if you don't, consider this: if you have chronic sinus infections, you could have an underlying problem that has nothing to do with where you live or another disease such as MS. If you don't have your answer yet see an ENT for a thorough evaluation. You could have congenital abnormalities. I was not diagnosed with OSA until I was 54. The sleep doctor said I had to see an ENT. Over many years, I had begged my primary care physicians to refer me to an ENT. It turned out I had several congenital abnormalilties that had caused me to have OSA and recurrent sinus infections. I had to have several surgeries to correct the problems.