Multiple Sclerosis Community
DIZZINESS

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

DIZZINESS

Hi again,

I have another question regarding dzziness.

I do have several ms symptons and have had them since about 2005 that I can recall.

I've had dizziness since June 2007, and its 24/7

Everyday and every night.    I am still dizzy in bed at night in the dark, and even feel dizzy with a still head and move my eyes.

Last few weeks I have felt like there is water in my ears, and I get pain in my eardrums.

My dizziness worsens with movement of my head.

Should I do get my ears checked, the only reason I haven't so far is because I'm convinced I have ms and nothing else.

Thanks all
I'm am so sorry that you have this problem.

If I was you...I would cover all bases..just to say that I did.

I am unDX and I have been suffering with symptoms for awhile now. The doctors know that something is wrong with me ..they just don't know what, so I'm going whatever route I can, to say that this has been covered and we need to look at something else.

I would find a really good ENT doctor and explain your symptoms (the 24/7 dizziness) to him...and also explain your other symptoms to him...The doctor would be able to determine if your problem is neurological or not. They might be able to help,  and in the end it would be worth going and getting it checked out.

Take Care
Hi. It's more than time that you get this pinned down! Don't be sure, though, that it's MS. Your problem could well be ear-based and not central. Only a good ENT can evaluate this, and maybe a sub-specialist.

Our friend and co-community leader Quix has a severe positional vertigo condition as well as MS. The two are not related, so this is a coincidence for her.

Even if you do have MS, it's time to get treatment for that too.

Best of luck.

ess
I experience both dizziness and vertigo. I too am seeking a dx.  I have lesions showing on my MRI and several other areas of testing.  My GP calls it MS.  My neuro calls it demylenating disease.

Either way I have scheduled an appt with an ENT and several other specialist.  Even If I am dx with MS it doesn't guarantee that MS is the cause of a symptom.  So always check it out and let the docs decide what is neurological and what isn't.

I hope you find your answers.

terry
Hi Melissa,

I agree with everyone else, you need to have this checked out.  Even if you do have MS, it is not uncommon to have other things going on too.

Let us know how this goes, and I hope you get your answers quickly.

Take care,
doni
Hi Melissa,
I, too, suffer from dizziness and vertigo. At one time it was very intense. I was sent to the Dizziness and Balance Clinic at Emory. That's all they specialize in. They're neurologists and have ENT training as well. Their best guess was that mine was due to migraines and that it can occur both pre (as an aura) and post headache. I was told it could even occur without the head pain. The UBOs on my MRI were "too round" to be MS I was told. Long story short, drugs such as Antivert had no effect but migraine drugs did help but did not completely get rid of the dizziness. It stills pops up from time to time.
Even though I did not get a definitive answer it did rule out a list of things it was not. I think you should see an ENT or neurologist who specialzes in this field, although I will admit they are hard to find.

Good luck with everything and keep us updated.

Rendean