DMDs & Neg MRI
I've seen this brought up in a few other posts...people who HAVE a dx and have not started or been given the option to start DMDs.

So what are the chances of starting DMDs even though I've had a negative MRI?

Anyone out there are DMDs and who also have no lesions, just a clinical diagnoses?

Can a doc even treat with drugs w/o a solid diagnosis?

Just curious.
I believe that they can start with copaxone if you have CIS and some doctors will start it just as a precaution because there are no ill side effects if you start it and don't have MS at least that is what I have heard. I am no doctor by any means lol

I am one of those people that have the DX but have not started the DMD's because of insurance purposes or so that is the reason my neuro gives me.

Ask your neuro, it never hurts to ask. Treating MS early is very important in slowing the progression. I am going to be on my neuro about it when I see him in June.

Paula
If you have a solid diagnosis, even without MRI evidence, then you have MS and can be treated with MS drugs. The McDonald criteria don't require the use of MRI. A clinical diagnosis is quite possible. Think of the days before MRI--that's how they always did it.

Having said that though, I'll also say that it's the rare neuro these days who will diagnose without MRI backup. If one does, though, no reason not to prescribe.

Hope this helps.

ess