Multiple Sclerosis Community
Deformed spinal cord???

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Deformed spinal cord???

6563489?1295494699
I know that lots and lots of the members here have had spinal MRI's and have copies of their MRI's so I thought this would be the perfect place to ask this question. Have any of you noticed this on any frames of your spinal cord pictures?? I have this in two different spots. One, this one, is the 22nd slice down and there in another one not as bad looking is the 15th slice down. Both pictures are preceded as well as followed by a normal looking oval shaped picture of my cord. The word normal doesn't quite seem to fit for the two slices in question.

Is it normal for the spinal cord to look like this?

It looks like "Anatomic Skew" - a slightly diagonal cut.  This can be from movement or a disc issue that slightly tilts the vertebrae and displaces the cord.  This can also happen if the disc displaces the sack and "bends" the cord.  You have to look at these axial cuts in context with the coronal and sagital images.

Since it is only one slice in two places, I'd look at the other images to see if these are any disc abnormalities.

Bob