Multiple Sclerosis Community
Degenerative Disease?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Degenerative Disease?

Hello Everyone I hope you are all doing well... I am feeling quite frustrated well, mostly scared. THe neuro office called today. They said MRI of C spine showed a degenerative disease, and that they would give me more info at my appt Friday. Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I know Friday is not far away, but right now it really feels like it.

Also, two days ago I ended going to the er because I had a horrible headache that would not go away, and it seemed to be making my left eye even more blurry. My left foot was also tingling and had been for two days.They said it was a migraine. I just had never had one before.

I think I just need to vent about all of this..my poor husband all he hears is complaints from me. I don't even feel like myself anymore. Thanks for listening.
Degenerative disease of the neck is pretty common, but it doesn't mean MS, necessarily.  It just means that the vertebrae of the neck are breaking up a little bit.
So sorry.  Good luck.  
I am undx.  I know how you feel about no being yourself.  Please let us know what happens on Friday.

Good Luck, terry
I have disk disease, and also called spinal stenosis is what i have been told. It has alot of names. I just dont like the pain that is assoicated with it. Here is one of the web sites i went to when they told me i have it
http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/degenerative-disc-disease/what-degenerative-disc-disease
and also here is more info hope it helps
Degenerative disc disease refers to a syndrome in which a compromised disc causes low back pain. Lumbar degenerative disc disease usually starts with a torsional (twisting) injury to the lower back, such as when a person rotates to put something on a shelf or swing a golf club. However, the pain is also frequently caused by simple wear and tear on the spine.

Despite its rather dramatic label, degenerative disc disease is fairly common, and it is estimated that at least 30% of people aged 30-50 years old will have some degree of disc space degeneration, although not all will have pain or ever receive a formal diagnosis. In fact, after a patient reaches 60, some level of disc degeneration is deemed to be a normal finding, not the exception