Multiple Sclerosis Community
Dizziness, Facial Twitch, Eye Floaters

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Dizziness, Facial Twitch, Eye Floaters

Hi. Im a 26 y/o male. About a month ago I woke up with dizziness. I would get significant dizziness when turning my head and would go away fairly quickly, but I still wouldn't feel that well after. I noticed if i had my neck bent with my head tipped back i would get dizzy. It slowly go better over the next 2 1/2 weeks. During this time my face was also twitching right next to my nose. I also noticed eye floaters during this time. Eveything but the floaters has gone away. My mom has MS and I am convinced I have it and completely worried and scared. I think that my floaters have gotten worse and am worried that it is from Par Planitis. I am seeing a neuro but am not able to get an mri until the 30th. He has done tests like following finger with eye, arm and leg relexes ect. said there were no abnormalities. I am so worried that I have MS. Any insight would be appricieted.
Hi nervous -

While it sounds like you have something going on, it doesn't sound like a classic MS presentation. Your clinical exam sounds like it's OK. Dizziness and floaters are sometimes present in MS but they are generally present in addition to other symptoms such as extreme fatigue, severe muscle weakness, exaggerated reflexes on one side, the list goes on.

It's good that you are seeing a neurologist and I'm sure you told him about your mother. The 30th is next week. Nothing about MS happens quickly so you don't have to worry.

Keep us posted.

Kyle
I appriciate your help. Does the kind of dizziness I describe sound like it could be MS related? I really feel like it was related to the position of my neck. Is it possible the floaters are from anxiety, or that I noticed them because I was looking? That being said now that I see them it seems theyd be impossible to not notice them.
Yes, dizziness is often associated with MS. It is often associated with a whole host of other causes. Your best bet is to see the neurologist and find out what they think.

Until you see the doc, and have the MRI, I would resist the temptation to web surf and self-diagnose :-) Let us know what the doc thinks and what your MRI shows.

Kyle
Hi I went to the eye doctor today. He told me that my eyes look fine and that the floaters were normal. However he also told me that my cup to disc ratio was a little off. Of course when I got home I looked on the internet and i geuss there can be a connection between MS and this cup to disc ratio thing.
Dr. Google will answer anything you type in and search for trust me! Leave it in your Drs hands to figure this all out.. You could just have a simple virus in the inner ear who knows right? Goodluck!
I saw your post here, and I took a look at your older posts.  The red rash you posted about several months ago that was "speeding" down your leg sounds like an erythema migrans.  That is the rash caused by Lyme Disease.  Only about half of Lyme rashes have the central clearing, or the "bulls eye" look.  Some get a flat red rash with raised red bumps in it.  (Mine was flat and red and somewhat warm to the touch. I thought it was a patch of sunburn where I missed with sunscreen on my calf.)

Dizzyness, twitching (especially in the face), and floaters are also consistent with Lyme Disease.  I have had all three with my Lyme, which mimiced MS.

If it is Lyme, then at this point, you have disseminated Lyme, which takes longer to treat than early Lyme. I encourage you to come post on the Lyme forum where you can get tips on testing, finding a knowledgeable doctor, and avoiding common pitfalls.
I had my MRI and the radiologist report said everything was normal. Im having trouble letting my guard done and feeling ok. I have a follow up with the neuro and he is going to look at the mri as well.