Multiple Sclerosis Community
Dizzy Dizzy Dizzy
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dizzy Dizzy Dizzy

Anyone that can shed some light on the issue?  

31m good health, exercise, dont smoke, no drugs, and rarely drink having severe dizziness when I lay down or get up.

I first should say that I have slight hearing loss in both ears that I was born with, and as a child had tubes in both my ears.  Never noticed any dizzy spells untill about 10 years ago when I has a short stint of them for maybe 4 months that went away, and had not returned till about a year ago.  The odd thing for me is these spells might last a few days, or a few weeks but always seem to go away on there on.  Lately I have notcied them getting worse and worse.  To the point I feel I might vomit.  Its worst when I laydown, maybe ten minutes ago I layed down while I was chatting on the phone and was so dizzy I couldnt even hear the words coherently.  I fear the worst but so unsure how to go about things.  I have been employed at a new job, but not long enough to have insurance so any help or follow up would be greatl appreciated.  

Sincerely, Dizzy
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
338416_tn?1413581329
Sounds like a problem with your inner ear.  It's very sensitive and any disturbance can cause dizziness or vertigo.

I know how hard it is to go without insurance!  Hang in there - if it gets too bad, you're going to have to get medical care, even if you can't afford it.
Blank
572651_tn?1333939396
Hi Dizzy, and welcome.  Although dizziness/vertigo do go with some MS cases, what you are describing sounds like Jensequitur's assessment.  Can you go to see and Ear, Nose, Throat doctor and have it checked out?

No matter what is causing it, vertigo is not fun and definitely something you want fixed if possible.  

Let us know if there's something else we can help with.

be well,
Lulu
Blank
Hello I am a 52 yrs old female and have have dizzness for about 3 months now have had 2 CT scans and nothing there...I get it so bad that I shake from it...had a MRI this week but know results as yet but I am getting very fed up with it there is nothing I can do but lie in bed..anybody out there can can help plese reply......Thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank