Do I Have MS?
Hi my name is Rhonda. I am trying to figure things out and really need some help.
It all started last year when I was taken off my bus because I was dizzy and couldn't drive any longer. Went to the hospital whet they kept me and did testing. The mei said I have two spots on my brain. One spot has strings and the other doesn't.  I have several legions in the white matter. Report indicated that it was lyme disease or Ms. Was checked for lyme disease four times in the last year and all were negative.
With all this known I have been in the hospital over 25 times in the last year. Some for vertago but when I go go back to the same ENT HE say's I don't have it. But he is the one who diagnosed me with it when I was disgusted from the hospital. I have lost use of my right side for about five days on several occasions. Stroke was ruled out. My legs get very stiff and I can hardly walk at times. I get exhausted just trying to do basic things.
That is just a short list of things. What is wrong with me? After a year my family doctor has said that I might have Ms.

Can someone please give me some insight on this and what you think. I am just tired of being sick.
Hi and welcome! :) I'm not diagnosed with anything but going through the process. Has your family doctor referred you to a neurologist? He or she knows your history and can send your records ahead.  The neurologist can give you a thorough exam and order another MRI to see if there are any changes from the last one.  

I definitely understand about being tired of being sick. I hope you get some answers soon.

Hugs,
Minnie :)
Hi and welcome to our little MS community,

I also noticed you didn't mention ever being seen by a neurologist, i would make this happen, and if you can try to get the referal for an MS specialist.

We can't dx you, only offer our opinions from our own experiences and knowledge, and you do have something going on that could be MS, though there are numerous MS mimics and you need to be tested for them to rule out all the other possibles. The confusion i've got is actually the number of times you've been to hospital, 25 times in a year is way more than usual for MS. People with MS dont or can't relapse that often, um i've not hit that number in my life time and i just can't think of why you'd need to go so often if it was MS.

Have a read through our health pages (found just to the right of your screen) i'm sure you'll find a lot of helpful information. I'd get that referal to an MS neurologist, get my hands on all your test results and write a list of all your sx's and anything you've been diagnosed with, a list to give to the neuro to help work it out.

Cheers........JJ  
Hi, I started out on this forum a couple of years ago with a laundry list of symptoms and multiple drs. I too was tested for lyme many times and each time my test didn't pick anything up; If you have had this lurking in your system for a long time, the test for lyme looks for antibodies, it will not pick it up as easily. The test for lyme is not always accurate. I sought out a LLMD ( Lyme Literate Medical Dr.) and have been on treatment for over a year now. My bloodtest finally was positive for Babesia (co-infection of lyme)  I also have Bartonella another co-infection, Lyme Disease is very rarely never alone. It can cause alot of the same symptoms as MS.

I hope this helps,, good luck and if you hit some more brick walls, seek out a LLMD,, they take their time to hear you and will figure out the puzzle.

Pam