Multiple Sclerosis Community
Do I have a MS or just a depression

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Do I have a MS or just a depression

I am 25 years old..I've been experiencing a pain and needles pain, tingling, burning sensation on my hands and legs for a year, however the pain is lasting for about 2-3 minutes then it's gone. Sometimes I  had a muscle stiffness on my hands. For about 2 years I have unexplained sharp pain at my head, it is just a brief of time and sometimes I feel like the back of my head is numb. The thing is I always felt so tired, I'm having trouble to sleep at night because my muscle won't sleep and between my sleeps my muscle is like 'vibrating',  however, I can spent many hours of naps in the evening. The tiredness is killing me sometimes, people misunderstood me as being lazy all the time. My concentration is poor, sometimes people cannot understand what I'm trying to say and my brother once said that I should get my brain repaired, well it was really hurtful. That's why I'm kind of depress right now, My dr already runs a blood test and urine test for diabetes and other disease but came out negative. She's referring me to see a neurologist but I'm really afraid. What should I do,?are those symptoms that I've been experiencing leads to MS? because my pain and needles only lasted for just 2-3 minutes and came back again after an hour or two. I hope that someone will gives me clues what I should do next.. TQ so much
Welcome to the forum.  

The symptoms may or may not be related to a neurological disorder.  What you are describing doesn't necessarily "lead" to MS.  You don't need to be scared- there are a lot of things that could be causing  your symptoms.  ('Did your doc check your thyroid, and B-12 numbers?-- and there are other possible reasons besides these two.) The neurologist will do an exam, and then he may or may not order further testing.  

There really isn't a next step for you, beyond getting in to see the neuro.    You might want to bring in a history for the neurologist to read/talk about with you.  

It's a good idea to be prepared for a wait. Most neurological disorders are difficult to diagnose, so these things can time considerable time to unravel.   Waiting is going to be tough, but most of us here have had to wait a long time to figure out what is going on- and many still are...  

Hang in there.  
Tammy

Hi and welcome to our little MS community,

I note your from Malaysia, MS would be unusual for someone born and raised in a tropical country to develope MS. The statistics would really put MS to be very low on the list of possibilties, one of the mimics is probably more likely. I'm sorry but i really dont know if some of the mimics we generally talk about on here, would still apply in Malaysia eg Lyme disease, Lupus etc.

Good luck and try not to worry, it could be anything at this stage, let the dr's do there tests and you'll know more soon!

Hugs.........JJ