Aa
A
A
Close
Does anyone have sweating attacks
I was diagnosed in Dec/08 with MS, My symptons were fatigue, weakness in my arms, and pain in my arm and shoulder.  Recently I have been having sweating attacks, sometimes when I am doing something, such a cleaning up kitchen or doing absolutly nothing at all. I am on the DMD Avonex and gabentin and altertec. Could the sweating and heat I feel in my body be caused by MS?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
338416 tn?1420049302
I've never had a sweating attack.  When I'm having a flare, my body temperature goes down, to the point that I feel chilled on a hot day.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
OMG!  Yes. I feel that way almost constantly.  I sweat profusely from doing almost nothing.  Just getting breakfast.  Getting ready for the day (which doesn't take much:)) I break out in a sweat.  Then when I do exercise I don't sweat excessively.  Just normal I guess.  I know it's not my thyroid.  I am undx, by the way.  Interesting.  I haven't been tracking this, but now maybe I will.  Thanks.  I'm interested in hearing more.  Basically, once the temp hits 73 or 74, I break out in sweat.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks for your feedback. When the the weather is warm and humid, Iam a done noodle, and if I try to do anything like walk, I sweat. But, recently I have been having sweating attacks regardless of the weather, I even wake up at night soaked, Iam 56 and past the menopause thing, so I have been wondering if this could be a ms thing. Also, before I started having the sweats, I would get goosebump flesh, even when it was warm outside, or if I was getting into a warm bath. That has stopped and the sweating has taken it's place. My family doc has run blood tests and I did a 24 urine test to see if it could possible be something with my adrenal gland, but everything was normal. I am seeing my neuro on Fri. and didn't know how to ask him about this.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
5461980 tn?1368358803
Well I was just diagnosed with MS about 6 weeks ago.   I am 57 and have been waking up just soaked with sweat.   So I googled it and found this site.  I am not sure if it is MS related or not.  I haven't started treatments yet.  That will be Wednesday.  I did have to leave my job today as a cake decorator because I felt as if I were drunk and spinning.  I came home and slept all day and woke up drenched...AGAIN
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
667078 tn?1316004535