Does heat affect anyone else this way?
I know some people have intense, immediate, specific heat-related symptoms, like loss of vision or inability to walk.  I spent a good amount of time outside yesterday, and I am very sleepy, my body sort of aches everywhere like when you have the flu, and walking around and climbing stairs is just a lot more work than usual.  My legs are more crampy, too.  I've told friends in the past "If I do xyz with you tonight, I won't be able to work the next day."  Fortunately, I don't have to work today.  When I used to mow our yard, I would be worthless for the rest of the day but feel pretty good the next.  We live in a townhouse now, so I don't have to do that.

Is my reaction to heat--sort of generalized and delayed--what anyone else experiences?  Part of my neurological stuff, or just part of being eligible for membership in AARP?
I can see what you are saying.  I don't get that feeling as much where I live. But when I went to Chicago last summer, the hot humid summer really hit me there.  I did feel like I had the flu or something, although, I wasn't sick. I just felt bad and not like myself and I felt extra tired - even though I should have had more energy since I was down at sea level, so there's more oxygen there compared to where I live - a mile up from sea level.

-Kelly    
Could be combo of the two.  The sx your describe are not uncommon with MS and heat but as we age we slow down.  Either way, not much to do about it other than to make allowances like you have.

Julie