Multiple Sclerosis Community
Don't know now

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Don't know now

New ms  specialest , i went to give me a no answers, he gave me a probible ms,
he thinks it is my high blood presure, that i had yrs ago, but he wants me to still
take my injections. He wants me to see a nut dr. because he says i have and anxcidy disorder,
how he knows  this i have no idea, also have to see neuro surgeon, he thinks my tremors are
from my back pain. Yet the demylaination on my MRI means MS. And optic neuris he thinks
i had for years and it just came out and because i did not loss any vision it is  not related to MS. The dr. that did the on test said ms, my PCP says ms, my Md says MS. He told me to come back in 6 months, Have to get Mri of bran and c-spine. I think i am going to stop my injections.   If i don't have MS why continue.   Very upset and depressed.
Hello Kitten, I can understand how upsetting that would be. Your doc. might be a canidate for the weenie roast this coming weekend. :p   Everyone will have to give their thoughts on it.

Possibly the scans will shed more light on the subject. Have you had MRI's before this?

Hang in there and stop in here to talk anytime you need to.

Jazzy

Have MRI and Vep and all the blood work.
mri there r lesions of non specific nature, and there is demyelinating process.
VEp came back positive and in left eye and absence in left. He said it had it all my live.
don't no if i should stop shots.
Thanks for you concern. I do not no what to do.   Kitt
VEP postitve in left and absent in right. He address the left eye only and would no say
anything about the right.He said  I was born with  optic nuresis

Hi there Kitten.  What a horrible experience!

I think you shouldn't stop your injections yet (if ever), and not because of this one doctor.

This Weenie Roast doctor says probable MS.... after all the other doctors all say MS, the Scans says demyelinating process...  Get the scans!! Take your time.

Don't let any one person make you feel so bad!  It is easy to be put off balance....

Hang in there and keep talking to us.

Sally
Yes Scan says demyelinating process and the doctor that did the VEP test DX me also with
MS. I will get the scans done. I think he said all this because it says a NON-Specific nature.
But when i ask what does demyelinating mean he said that ie means MS.
I am so mixed up. I will take you advice and stay on my shots. Again sorry about my spelling.

Thanks Sally your a good friend.   Kitt
I think your neuro may be one of the biggest weenies at this weekends roasting.

I reserched optical neuritis and found no information on birth and ON.The test that these neuro's rely on show MS,but they can be so self centered ,defective and unknowledgable.

Your definatly not a nut case,sometimes neurophych test benifit a MSer,if the tremors are coming from the back pain its good to find out.

But in all honesty you have aduquate testing that shows a demyelinating process occurring.Even though this was a MS specialist,I'd check into another.

Don't stop your shots,these meds are to slow the progression and if indeed this is MS,you don't want it to progress.

I'm puzzled on one thing if this specialist thought it was only probable ms,but he tells ya to keep taking your shots,it surely sounds like he is clueless.Usually if a MS specialist suspects probable ms they normly don't do the shots.

I think this neuro needs roasted.
Everything is screwed up. I am going ahead with my shots. I will not stop.
Thanks so much. I will be going for my MRI on the brain and c-spine at the end of the month.
I am taking my very first vacation to New York State to see my daughter, My honey and i are leaving
Monday. I am going to forget about everything and try to have a good time. What is a weenie roast?
And what time i will be there.
Thanks so much, Everyone on this site has help me threw alot.
I Thank God You All    Kitt
I'm so glad you are continuing your shots.

A weenie roast here is where we have a bon fire and we roast all the defective neuro's.As the neuro's being the weenies!!!!!

You go and have a great time with your daughter,I went to chicago 2 weeks ago and seen mine.She's in the Navy and had graduated boot camp.Don't know when I'll see her next.

Keep in touch.

T

God Bless Your Daughter,
And thanks again , i will be here all weekend. Talk soon   Kitt