Double Vision
I have experiencing double vision that comes and goes but only when i move rapidly i.e. shoveling snow. When i cover either eye my vision goes back to normal but when i remove my hand it goes back to double vision for atleast five minutes. Any idea what it could be?
Hi Jared,

I would recommend you call your neuro about this symptom, and see a neuro-ophthalmologist.  Many things can cause double vision, but I would certainly check it out.
Michelle
I'm not sure if this helps at all, but I experience double vision because I have Graves Disease ( thyroid condition) and I also have Graves Eye Disease. The Eye Disease made my eyes swell which caused the double vision.

As recommened by michelle, an opthalmologist is whom you should contact. The eyes are so sensitive and if you are experiencing this problem, a call to this type of Doc. is very important.

Good luck and please let us know
Pam
There are several things that have to be looked at with double vision. Start with an ophthalmologist.  Double vision that goes away when you cover one eye can be caused by the eye muscles or refractive errors, but is typically not due to the issues with optic nerves, chiasm or optic tracts.  

The ophthalmologist will due several tests and ask if the objects "double" side to side or vertically.  Since you said "rapid movement," I'm going to guess that they are side to side (horizontal diplopia.)  There are other tests that they may do to test for nystagmus and muscle imbalances.

Bob