Multiple Sclerosis Community
Dropping things all the time! Plus, itchy hands??
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dropping things all the time! Plus, itchy hands??

Hello,

I've been dropping stuff- A LOT! My grip strength seems like it's my normal (slightly decreased left side), but it's like my hands just forget they're holding something, or maybe my brain forgets, then bam- the thing I was just holding is now on the floor. I don't even realize I am dropping it until I hear it crash. I have to focus on holding something for a while so I don't forget. SO odd. I have had to switch to plastic in the house this week. Sound familiar??

Also, my hands seem to itch around these times/flares. Not an epidermal itch, more like under the skin itch...which I am guessing is nerves.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4907540_tn?1361980455
It can be frustrating when it happens when i was first having my attack of TM i was dropping things in my right hand. even though i'm having all problems with my left side.

Like you it felt like i had normal strentgh in my hand but just kept dropping things or they just slipped out.

My left hand does get really itchy like you on the inside of my skin rather than the outside of it and it seems to be quiet regular.

Have you been diagnosed with MS/TM at all my advise is to contact your doctor about this and also keep a diary of all the times it happens..

Not sure if it is related to to MS/TM as i'm still new to all of this.

Good luck and i hope it settles down for you.

Kerry x
Blank
3054080_tn?1358726456
This happens to me a LOT!  Especially with lids.  I cannot open a bottle of water without dropping the lid :(  Also, one second I'm holding the keys, the next they're on the floor and I'm wondering how in the heck they got down there.  Also have the "under the skin" itch in my hand.

Not diagnosed so this may not mean much.  But I definitely understand :)

Hugs,
Minnie
Blank
382218_tn?1341185087
Yes that sounds very familiar.  A daily occurrence with me.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...