Dumb Question about nerve endings?
Hi I am not sure if anyone can answer this question but it is to do with altered sensation.  If I was to put a very cold object on my belly and gradually move it upwards towards my bra line I find that the sensation gets sharper further up, on my belly i bearly feel the cold object but closer towards my ribs it gets very intense cold.
Is this because there is damage or is this just because my belly is fatter than the other part?

I thought it was because I have more lard around my belly (jelly belly), I am not overweight but I do carry more kilos around my gut but then my husband said to me it all should be the same as your nerve endings are just under your skin.

My neuro has said that I have a clear sensory line below my thoracic when he has tested my sensation in the past, just curious as my jelly belly has very little sensation in comparison with higher up.

Can anyone answer this?

Cheers, Udkas.
Nope, nope, it's almost certainly numbness and reduced sensation in that area.  I have numbness from above the bra line to the lumbar in the back, and on the right side of the stomach in the front.  

I used to inject myself in my stomach all the time, because it was more numb, but now I have a lot of lumps in that area.  I stopped because the skin started to blister and peel.
Sometimes my stomach gets cold spots and feels cold too touch but I can put an icecube on my belly and it's not really cold but up further it makes me cringe, but funny if I run an ice cube down my leg sometimes it causes burning sensation. Talk about weird!!  My butt is numb too, but hey that's bigger as well (but who's isn't)..lol

I just a normal weight but because I have had 3 kids (well that's my excuse my belly is a bit wobbly...my neuro was stroking this area too and my back, like they do on your foot for the babinski test, not sure what that was for,  

I'm not sure if I could do needles but I guess if I had to I could.. I think!

Thanks Jen,
Udkas.
I've been wondering if my numbness is because of a spinal lesion.  I have a lot of other symptoms that indicate a lesion in the bra line area.  You might ask your neuro about the spine and see if he's amenable to doing a spinal MRI - if you haven't already.