EEG and LP tests ordered, should i bother?
Hi There,

Just a quick question, i've just received a letter with appt next week for an EEG and one next month for an LP, arranged by the neuro, the one who after seeing my MRI, ignored all my neurological signs and decided it was psychological, which was proved to be rubbish or senile dementia which i still want to throttle him for that pearl of fuzzy logic, i'm 45 (grrrrrrrr) and would need to be well into my 80's for that one to even come close to plausable.

So with the neuro being less than helpful, should i bother doing these test, what would be the point? Would i not be better off getting an appt with an MS neurologist & waiting until my next episode and start from square one again?

THanks for your thoughts!

Cheers....JJ

As for the LP - will it be used in conjunction with your MRI images to support a dx of MS?

As for senile dementia - it can be caused by parkinsons alzheimers or vascular problems.  Unfortunately, it does often begin in the 40's and may be inhabiting our bodies for 10 or 20 years before the outward signs are obvious.   That's not to say I think that is your problem, I just wanted to point out that senile dementia is not limited to the elderly.

The EEG would help to convince the neuro that this is not your problem and perhaps you should go ahead and have it done just to get senile dementia off the table.

good luck in sorting this out.....

Lulu