Ear Pain
I know I have asked this before, but I am asking again, because I cant seem to find past posts that have this information.

I am having SEVERE left ear pain from Trigeminal Neuralgia. It started when I woke up this morning and has been progressively getting worse during the day. A couple weeks ago, my neuro upped my Trileptal to 600 mg with baclofen. At the time is was my cheek pain bothering me, and it seemed to do the trick.

Not helping me now. Any suggestions as to what to do for relief? I am sure I asked this in the past for the facial pain, but not the ear. Any home remedies out there? I am willing to try anything. It is an ice-pick stabbing pain that keeps shooting through my ear. Not good, really bad.

Thanks,
Michelle
Try an ice pack for 20minutes, that will help. And you can alternate with heat. Massaging the hollow of your temple might help too. When I was having severe jaw pain radiating to the ear and whole side of my face, both of these worked for me.The pain was the same as TN, in fact, they were having trouble edeciding if it was TMJ, TMD, or TN. It turned out to be an internal derangment of the temporal-mandibular disc. Cause by arthritis, the disc has shifted out of place. I didn't even know the jaw had a disc, LOL.

I hope this helps you some, I know how painful it can be. Maybe from too many loud fireworks? Hope your 4th was wonderful. Take care.

hugs & prayers
Maggie
Thanks for your comment. I have been doing the ice then heat for the last couple hours. No relief, I will call doc tomorrow, it is almost unbearable right now, Good to try anyway, thanks,
Michelle
Am I wrong in thinking that my grandmother takes Lyrica for her TN....I think that's what she's taking, and it's doing a world of good for her. Is that something you can try?

Bio
I'm taking gabapentin (neurontin) for TN.  I can't say it's a 100% fix, but it does help a lot.  My neuro told me it's okay to take pretty high doses (up to 3600 mg, I think, I'm taking 1800 mg/day now), so as the pain breaks through the medicine, I gradually up the dose.  

I have also had the ear pain from it, though thankfully not often.  For me the worst is when I'm having pain behind my eye from it.  

You probably know this, but the "statndard" drug for TN is tegretol (generic is camba...something??).  It's supposed to work pretty well.  I opten for neurontin because it's less risky to a potential pregnancy (not that I'm planning any more, but just to be on the safer side).

Ask your doctor.  Good luck.