Eye pain near tear duct
I have an intermittent pain in my left eye that feels like a piece of glass in the corner on the side of the tear duct. Just wondering if anyone else has had this. I also have jolts of sharp pain in my eyes at times.
I had problems with those type of pains and others around my eyes and scalp.  I thought it was my MS  causing problems, but after a thorough eye exam it turned out that I had dry eye - I have absolutely no natural tears to lubricate my eyes.  The irritation to my eyes had gotten progressively  worse.

Hormonal changes can really cause havoc with the moisture in eyes and so can many of the drugs we are on.  

Being on the computer a lot can also aggravate the problem - I just heard this last week - when we are working on the computer we don't blink as much as normal or even when we are reading books we blink more frequently.  The lack of blinking means we are not getting that protective sweeping away of debris and lubrication of our eyes as frequently.  I hope this makes sense....

You may want to try some of those artifical tears (eye drops) or go to the opthamologist and be checked professionally.  Restasis is now part of my daily drug regimen.

be well, Lulu
Thanks!
Yep, Lulu's answer is right on there.

I just saw my eye doc last Thursday for the EXACT same thing, he said nothing looked wrong with the eye.

He said my eye was a little dry near the tear duct and said maybe it's from all the air allergens we have going on right now (I'm in Nebraska).

He gave me some regular otc eye drops and said that should help.

Hope it gets better for ya soon.
Thanks. The neurologist will probably send me to my ophamologist. It's time for a checkup anyway.