Multiple Sclerosis Community
Eyes and nausea?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Eyes and nausea?

Last week I was feeling like my eyes were not really going along with my head/brain.  If that makes any sense.  After a respite from my severe back spasms, my boyfriend and I took a walk in a local mall to avoid the dreadful weather.  While I was walking around, the only way I could keep from feeling nauseous was to focus on a far-off point and keep my eyes there.  Almost like seasickness - when you focus on the horizon to keep from being sick.  
Does anyone relate?  I'm sure it's MS somehow - I don't blame everything on MS, but figure this is a weird enough vision thing that it probably is!  LOL.  It's always something!  Just SO thankful to get a break from the back pain.

Thanks for any ideas on this.

Marcia

Tags: Eyes and MS
This type of vision problem could very well be MS related - I have a horrible time walking in stores/malls and always look for a cart to use if possible.  The shiny floors, fluroescent lights and lots of movement make shopping a challenge to stay upright at times.  Here's hoping nicer weather comes soon and you can move back outside to walk - good for you to make the efforts to stay active, that is important.
best, Laura
Ditto to LauraLu's comments.  I have very frequent balance issues.  Rapid changes in the focal point of my vision can occasionally give me a feeling of disorientation, and once in a while I get a bit of a queasy sensation along with it.  My solution is usually just to slow down.  Shopping carts are my friends.  High shelves are not.

UnDx still, though, so naming a villain is iffy.
Thanks so much for your comments -

Disorientation is a good description.  Slightly queasy - ugh.  

I should stick with walking inside @ Costco - and not a mall.  You are probably right Dan about the shiny problems.  Costco isn't shiny like the incredibly upscale marble and brass mall we were in.  Anchor stores are Neiman Marcus and Nordstroms.  Every expensive shop you can think of is in there -  and of course no shopping carts!  

Being UnDx for so a long time must be incredibly frustrating.  Hope you get an answer soon.

Marcia
oh yes, those carts keep you from looking like a drunk wandering around, not to mention trying to focus on anything!

Escalators send me up the wall, flashing lights send me into anxiety attacks and repeating noises not to mention a few!