FREE for MS patients
Hi all,
I knew that word FREE would get your attention.  

One thing we do here really well is share information.  So here is my  latest contribution, all for free…..

I requested a back issue of The Motivator, published by the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America through their website -   msassociation.org.  

I received a wonderful packet that outlines many of the services this group offers.

I have written about the MSAA previously because they have a fund that will assist with the cost of diagnostic MRI’s for determining if you have MS.  They also have contacts to help with the cost of follow-up MRI’s if you need that assistance too.

They offer the services of a patient advocate if you need help with your insurance company as well.

The packet I received this week lists some other things they have, including  a rather extensive lending library of 300  special MS books and DVD’s, like how to explain your MS to your children. They come with a prepaid mailer to return them when you are done.  How about that for easy?

If you have limited insurance and need durable medical items, you can also request from the MSAA the following:

-Mobility and accessibility equipment, including scooters, wheelchairs, bathroom items, and other daily living assistance devices

-The cooling equipment caught my eye- they  offer vests, collars, wrist wraps, hats, seat pads and pillowcases.  Who couldn’t use those during these dog days of summer?

-They even have two apartment complexes designed specifically for MS patients – these are in New Jersey and North Carolina. I’m not ready to relocate yet, but its nice to know there are living options for people on the east coast.

Please take the time to look at their website and request more information.   I plan on completing the patient profile form and sending it back to them.  I would encourage all of you to also take advantage of this resource.  

Let us know if you apply and they give you assistance - I love success stories.

Lulu
Thanks for posting that.  I've been in a bit of a panic lately because I have not been able to work.  It's good to know where the options are.  Charley
Charley,
Get busy now on the paperwork.  please don't wait until it becomes an urgent need.  If they have your info on file it will be easier for them to pull it up and authorize assistance if and when you might need it.  

as always,
Lulu
I received a huge box from them last year with a cooling vest, cooling hat and everything else you could think of, to stay cool.  All for free.  It's wonderful and I am so grateful to them for this service.

Heather
WOW, wow! WOW!!!, This so awesome, thanks ever so much Lulu, I know for a fact I'll be getting in touch with them ASAP.
{{{~!~}}}
great info! hmm, North Carolina, on the beach i hope! LOL

thanks
Ufrustrated2,  I was thinking more like the shore in New Jersey, but NC would be warmer in the winter months.... see you there?  :-)

Lu
How do you receive a box of the cooling devices ? That would be wonderful !
go to their website and download the application - it is all on the website.  It also includes the federal income guidelines that they use to qualify patients....

the cooling equipment info is specifically at

http://www.msassociation.org/PDFs/appl_Cooling_052009_complete.pdf

Again you provide invaluable information.  Thank you.  
Hey, just completed the forms for cooling vest & pillow case... etc.. so easy to fill out forms then you just print it and mail it with RX from Dr...    Lulu I'll be sure to let you know the registration package arrives...{{{~!~}}}
Thank you...
Thank you...
Thank you...
Heading to the site now... see ya in NC!!!
FW2,

Maybe we can reserve an entire wing of the building in NC and have our own Golden Girls home?  We could even go coed and bring some of you men along.  LOL
Good idea.  We can have our special neurologists on staff.  :-)
bump so everyone is sure to see this resource................ L