Multiple Sclerosis Community
Face vibrating

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Face vibrating

Hi everyone.  My face seems to want to get into the game with increasing vibrating feeling in various parts mostly on right side, but recently in upper cheekbone on left side, too.  I've also had an annoying muscle spasm in right eye for over three weeks now.  Yesterday my lips felt like I was humming.  I've had nerve pain in face off/on for many months now (also starting on right side) but these 'vibrations' are not painful.  Eyes have suddenly gone very dry despite water intake.  

The vibration sensations are mild and come and go throughout the day... .

Any thoughts?
I've had the annoying muscle spasms in a eye which goes on for weeks at a time and lets up.  I know doctors say that this is very common, but I seem to get it way more than normal people get it.  I would say I spend two weeks out of every other month with this symptom (maybe even more frequently).  

I also get muscle spasms in my face and even pulling or spasticity.  I don't have the vibrating sensation, but vibrating sensations are very common in MS.  I also have had nerve pain in the face and was diagnosed with trigemenial neuraligia (TN) and started on gabapentine (sp).  Additionally, I see double.  I'm not sure if this is related, but I know that the brain stem nerves are close to one another.  

My lips have at times have felt like they were humming--like blowing into a waxed paper.  Isn't it the weirdest?  Another weird thing with the lips is an odd drooling sensation feeling.  It felt like I was drooling out of the side of my mouth.  I kept patting the side that felt wet.  

I don't have the dry eyes, but perhaps this goes along with some odd thing that happens with demylenitation--don't know.  However, something does come to mind when you mentioned this symptom.  Have you ever had Sjogren's ruled out?  It is a mimic of MS--will cause you to feel very bad with dryness in your eyes and mouth.  Additionally, it will cause white matter lesions.  I have a feeling that this was ruled out already, but I thought it should be mentioned just in case.

If you haven't been diagnosed, make sure your neurologist know about these symptoms.  TN could be considered as an MS attack--at least it was in my case.  

Deb