Multiple Sclerosis Community
Feeling like I am going to pass out

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Feeling like I am going to pass out

I ended up in the ER last night. I had talked to my doctor's nurse because all day I had felt as though I was going to pass out, even while sitting down. I don't necessarily get dizzy just hot all over and feel like I am going to faint. They told me to go to the ER...which I didn't want to do. I slept all afternoon and tried to increase my intake of fluids. I made up my mind that it was going to be a mind over matter thing and l went to dinner with my husband and daughter. After dinner I had to walk across the restaurant to the restroom and I didn't think that I would make it back! I was so sick. I had  my husband take me to the ER where they gave me fluids and a morphine shot for the headache (which I've had straight for over 2 weeks) and said that I was dehydrated and sent me home. By the time I got home all the symptoms had returned! I had hoped for maybe one night of sleep! Does this faint feeling even when sitting sound familiar to anyone?
I've had continuous dizziness and vertigo, and at times thought I was going to pass out.  I never did, though, and learned to get used to it.