Multiple Sclerosis Community
Fetal position?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Fetal position?

My sister was diagnosed with ms a few years ago, she is 3 years younger than I. I have been plagued with symptoms of my own for years, living in good ole qc, I don't have a dr, therefore I can't get referrals for a damn thing. You can't go to a walk-in clinic here and tell them a bunch of symptoms, ....they tell you it has to be an emergency to go to a walk-in. I have trouble with dressing, in that I absolutely MUST not point or arch my feet or I get the most horrific spasm that is hard to stop even pressing my foot on the floor! I cannot lay down on my right side, cause the left side gets another nasty build-up spasm that sends me inches of the bed in a jolt! I sleep in the fetal position, and I sometimes wake up from pain in my hands or wrists because I seem to curl my hands inwards tightly in my sleep, ...does anyone know why someone would spend most of her time curled up, (whole body), ....I've had a tremendous zappy jolt go thru my head and down my neck, ...that so surprized me I stopped stunned, couldn't even react or think for several moments. There is so much more but I realize I can't fit it all here.....I get pains in my hands all the time, feels like jolts when I'm using my hands, ...and i sew and craft a lot, so...I'm alone almost all the time, and angry nowadays....I have to ask my bf to go back home after a week or so, ...I start to feel panikky, ....don't know why.....  help.......I feel so desperate...so many more symptoms...........and I seem to be allergic to everything on this planet, now.....oooyyyyy!
Hi You live in Quebec?  I find it hard to believe the walk in clinic will not write a referral! That is their job, no?  I live in Ontario. I have a family doctor.  Many friends have been able to find a family doctor by becoming a "regular" patient of a doctor who first started practicing at a walk in clinic (doctor often start their practice as walk in, and then switch to regular family doc when they build up enough patients). Failing that, you can always attend the ER and make them set up a referral to a neuro consult or whatever they see fit. You will probably have to wait a while since you are not considered life threatened, but they will have to see you eventually and set up the correct appointments. Good luck.
Thanks, summerluvr, ....guess I just might try the emergency room.....btw, walk-in clinic drs here, def will give you a referral, ...but they won't even listen to you if you don't have 1 specific complaint...(ie: the flu, broken ankle, pneumonia....) they simply cannot alot that much time in a busy clinic to ponder issues that may seem vague to them....anyway, summerluvr, ...thanks for pointing me to another try at this...........p.s..my son and sister both live in ottawa, ...they have drs and much better care than we have here, ..my sister would never come back here, simply because of the lack of med care if you don't already have an md...(she has MS)