Finding spinal lesions
It doesn't hurt that I already knew where the lesions in my spine were, even before the 3T MRI.  I can feel the numb spots in my back, and I know where the spasms start.

Here's the two MRIs, side by side, and the red arrows show where the lesions are.  As you can see, the lighter areas indicate enhancement.  There's a spot at the base of the spinal cord that may be a lesion, or it may be simply the cord itself turning into the cauda equina.

You can also see where the .7T MRI actually shows the lesions, but the radiologist just didn't report it.  I want to know why - I'm tempted to send this pic over to the clinic. so they can see what they missed!

As usual, I don't recommend that anybody read their MRIs, unless they're also a trained radiologist.  I identified these lesions before I received the report, but I think these are pretty obvious.
Can you sue the radiologist?
in case his mistake caused delays in your diagnosis
I would rather sue the neurologist!  He's the one that cost me $100.  Nice and cheap co-pay, but the films were a waste of time.
It always amazes me to see the difference in MRI strengths. thanks so much for sharing  those.  

There are great images of spinal lesions at this url - scroll down and you will see a variety of pics that help you see the lesions inside the spinal cord.  

http://radiology.rsna.org/content/246/1/258.full

Yes, reading those MRIs can be tricky and not recommended for any of us amateurs.

-L
Those images are quite nice - I've learned a lot from looking at this link, but the pictures in yours are much clearer.

http://www.radiologyassistant.nl/en/4556dea65db62
I've looked at the Radiology Assistant site for over three years and am still amazed at the images and the differences in disease processes.

I just found this other one tonight, after I read your post. I was wondering if I could find some other images to compare, and surprise, there this was!
ROFL oh boy i've had a good giggle over trying to work out what the arrows are pointing too, um my eyes are not the best but wow all i can see is shades of grey and thats with my nose touching the screen, and my tongue hanging out because as we all know the direction of tongue poking helps a lot lol

lol your .7T pic is clearer than my 1.5T hmmmmm i have a couple of lighter shades of grey, just shades of grey that could mean something or more likely nothing at all lol I totally get why its a good idea to leave it up to the experts. I take my hat off to you, brilliant that you picked them up on the .7T ohhhh so clever!

Cheers..........JJ
I've had all my MRIs on a 3T machine, and they still don't reveal any spinal lesions, though my neurological exam says I have lesions on my spine (according to my neuro).  He says they're just too small to see, and he doesn't care how infinitesimally small they are, they're still there.  I wonder if they'll grow over time and become more visible?

Great pics, Jen!
Great comparison images!  It's amazing what a difference the right machine can make.  Very fascinating, thanks for sharing.

Laura