Flashing light in the dark???
Hello all! I haven't posted in a while but knew I could come here for support.  I am undx with one spinal cord lesion that was discoved last fall and, as of this past Friday, looks like I have a brain lesion to go along with it :(  I have no clue where the brain lesion is but on Saturday night I started noticing that when it gets dark I am seeing flashes of light in the outer left corner of my eye.  It seems to only happen when I move my eye to far but, none the less, it is still there.  Have any of you had such an experience?  I would have thought that if there was a problem with my optic nerve my neuro would have said that instead of "a brain" lesion...then again, what do I know?!?!?!  Any input is appreciated!  I hope you all are well!!!
I would recommend seeing an ophthalmologist today, if possible. It could be a retinal problem and "nothing to wait and see what" happens approach. There could also be lots of other reasons for it, but I would get it checked out soon.
Good luck and let us know how it goes...
Michelle
Michelle is so correct in her advice - do not mess around with your vision.  Please call the doctor and get it evaluated professionally.

be well,
Lulu
I agree with Michelle. Flashes of light can indicate a serious retina problem. Don't delay in seeing an ophthalmologist.

I'm also not clear about who is saying you have a brain lesion, but if you do have one, that could be an entirely separate issue from the eye one.

Please get this checked out right away.

ess
I agree with everyone above, get your eyes checked. And let them know your eye is seeing flashing. They’ll try to get you in ASAP.
When my right eye started flashing among all the other weird sx, I called my PCP to make an appointment. I have my state health plan, so I have to go to my pcp, so he can send me where I need to go and clear it with the insurance (usually takes 4-6 weeks) I didn't mention the flashing or losing side vision (45 min) until I saw him. (I did tell the ophthalmologist.) by then my right eye vision was (and still is) grainy with a bright steak and has mild ache to sharp stabbing pain on the back and sides of my eye. It hurt to move my eye, I barely could see anything with dim light and normal light was too bright. The ophthalmologist did standard tests and a vision field test (abnormal). Now 2 months later, I have to go back my sx are not as bad but still here.