Multiple Sclerosis Community
Flooding & Tornadoes
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Flooding & Tornadoes

Well the Midwest is always full of weather suprises.  Last night it decided to spawn some tornados close by and drop about 6 inches of rain.  Nobody was hurt.  In the midst of things our power went out and water in our basement went up.  When it rans it pours, I tell ya.  We are in a flood warning and are at high risk for severe weather again today.  So I am waiting ever so impatiently for a sump pump to come my way and one courageous soul to brave the murky waters and put some fuses in my fuse box to get my fridge up and running again.  Ahhhh, I tell ya, I am getting so sick of water in the basement. :(

Love to All,

Ada
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
433467_tn?1223003802
I am also in the midwest and the weather is bizarre this year.  Tornadoes have hit all around us.

Monday we had a BIG hail storm and a tornado a mile east of us....much too close for comfort.

I hope you can find someone to help you out and get you up and running again.

Merleyne
Blank
393986_tn?1303829575
The weather is weird this year, it seems we have already had as many tornadoes this year so far than we did all last year?  If I remember right.  I finally got a tiny pump going but so far its not doing much.  I finally gave up on someone coming and went down and waded in the thigh high water and put new fuses in.  This is where my germaphobia comes in, I never know if its seepage, sewage or what down there and I am still cringing from it.  Ugh, its like the grossest feeling ever.  

Many Hugs and Love,

Ada
Blank
405614_tn?1329147714
OK, I'm going to quit complaining about the rain we're getting here in Oregon.

I'll be praying that none of the really bad stuff hits you.

Ewwhhh, Ada, I am totally in agreement with you about wading through that basement water; total gross-out.  You are THE WOMAN for going ahead and putting the fuses in.

Stay safe,

Hugs,

Kathy
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity