Flu vaccine
Just spent a week in hospital. Have gotten as far as Probable MS.

Had LP, Vep, Mri's with and without contrast, 3 day course of iv steroids

i had mty flu vaccine 8 days before the iv steroids will the vaccine still be effective or will i need to have it redone and if so how long after i finish the oral taper

thanks

The vaccine will still be effective.  The steroids will not interfere with this at all from my understanding.  I'm glad you got treatment.  Keep us posted how your journey proceeds.
I just saw your note that you are booked for an lp today.  I hope that sheds some clues on your problems.
I have to disagree with Lulu's answer a little bit.  Ideally the flu vaccine should have 2 weeks to develop the maximum amount of protection.  You had just about half of that.  The steroids, in the doses, used for MS or Probable MS would shut down any further stimulation of protective antibodies.  This means you would be left with just the beginning of protection which might or might not actually protect you from infection.

Doctors vary about whether they would just go along with whatever protection you might have developed or whether they would recommend a booster dose in 6 weeks or so.  I think most would assume the 8 days would be enough.  If nothing else, the low level of antibodies might give you a lighter case.

So there is no perfect answer.  It is a gray area.  You probably have some protection, but I would still work closely with your doctor to make sure you got treated with antivirals if you had a close exposure or if you started up with symptoms.

Quix
I forgot to add that Lulu is correct.  The steroids would NOT take away any protection you already had developed, even if it was suboptimal.

Q
So I get 50% credit for my answer, right?   LOL

This is why we love having Dr. Q in the house to correct our errors.  I didn't think of the time it takes for the vaccine to build immunity.  Now I know something new - and hope it will stick in my brain.

L