Multiple Sclerosis Community
Foot pain

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Foot pain

Hi all. Quick question...

Why in the world does my left foot/ankle area hurt EVERY morning when I get out of bed. I had a simliar post about a "weird foot problem" a month or two ago, and it's still bothering me--only worse now. It's like my ankle on that side is so weak. I fell in the flower bed a couple of days ago, and running around the yard with my niece is a scary ordeal because my ankles feel so weak. It's actually the muscle or whatever above the ankle on my left side. I can roll it around and I can feel something popping or moving. I haven't done anything drastic like spraining it or anything.

It started out by me wanting to lean on the outside of my left foot almost all the time to help balance myself or something. And now, like I said above, it hurts every morning. Some days I have hip pain on that side as well. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Please help me out! I'm going to a MS specialist next week. Other neuro. can't find lesions and won't do any more tests. Still have l'hermitte's and left eye pain/blurriness from time to time. And of course the tingling and such. Thanks so much for you responses!!!

Mallory
have you mentioned this foot ankle pain to the Neuro before?  I think you should next week. write down all your symptoms.. if the Neuro says he doesn't know.. ask how you can get some answers.  How long has this been sore like this?  

let us know what the Dr say and does med help with this pain?  

wobbly
dx
This has been going on for a few months now. I've noticed the pain in my hip for about a year. I don't understand why it hurts the most in the morning. I said in a former post that there for a while I was tending to put my weight on the outside of my left foot. I would stand like that and even sit like that.  I will talk to the neuro. about it. I know this is going to sound weird, but my right leg has gone numb before while I was walking around Target with my friend. It scared me to death. And for some reason, I walk around like my right toes are crunched...like I'm trying to hold onto my shoe while wearing a sandal or something. Do you know what I mean? I don't know if my left foot is compensating for my right foot or what. The neuro. found nerve damage in both feet and legs.